Changing the future of travel
What We Do
Offer unique tours that reinvest profits into local communities through:
More Locations Coming Soon
Why Travel with One Planet Tours
Madagascar, one of the most ecologically diverse and majestic places in the world. With One Planet Tours, you can experience the splendor of the island while giving back to the people and wildlife who call this place home.
We are changing the future of travel by investing in the well-being of our shared planet and providing sustainable vacation experiences. Our one of a kind tour packages empower you to explore Madagascar like never before because each of our small group tours are intentionally curated to promote sustainability within the host community.
“Madagascar, the island nation of baobabs, lemurs, and pristine beaches holds 5% of the world’s flora and fauna—calling Madagascar their only home. Given this, you’d think that Madagascar would be a place filled with prosperity. Sadly, while studying and working in the country in 2017, I learned that … READ MORE
Tim McGuire, Founder and CEO
Have a Question?
Our Experience: We specialize in travel in Madagascar. We are committed to hiring locally to the maximum extent possible. We want our tours to benefit the local community just as much as it benefits YOU! We pay our people well and are our trusted partners in providing our guests with an authentic and exciting experience here in Madagascar. You are a welcomed guest by our local guides, the hotels we frequent and the excursions we provide.
Our Values: We are committed to making an impact in Madagascar above making a profit. We support marginalized communities through our sustainable small-group tours that make meaningful contributions to the preservation of Madagascar’s culture, land, and wildlife.
- Minimizes negative social, economic and environmental impacts.
- Generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities.
- Improves working conditions and access to the industry.
- Involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life chances.
- Makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage embracing diversity.
- Provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues.
- Provides access for physically challenged people. Is culturally sensitive, encourages respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.
Direct Social Investment: Half of tour profits are directly invested into marginalized Malagasy communities. By directly investing in the well-being of these communities, One Planet Tours is empowering these communities to protect and preserve the natural resources that are rightfully theirs for generation to come.